- Develop a Use program/strategy
- Determine activities and/or athletics & support requirements
- Are secure or defensible spaces required?
- What age group(s) will use the facility?
- Assess public vs. User accessibility
- Review land area requirements & orientation
- Layout facilities orientation(s)
- Prepare a list of facility uses (Commissary)(Performing Arts) & magnitude
- Discuss Public Address, lighting, audio-visual
- Determine site amenities
- Review drop off/traffic patterns
- What is the need for multi-purpose & flexible space utilization?
- Identify special construction systems (Acoustics, Arts, Music)
- Discuss funding mechanisms & cup requirements
- Review spectator/audience considerations & equipment storage
- Understand facility access
- Are locker facilities pertinent? Define magnitude
- Determine food service criteria/needs
- Establish budget, phasing, & time schedule
- Student projections – current & future
- Staffing needs
- Review utility needs – dry & wet